Studio and Virtual Class Families, Please take a minute to read! If you have any questions, please put them in the comments as it may be helpful to all families! Thank you!
We are so excited to start our combination of live and virtual classes this winter with our award winning Bells Collection.
Just a few reminders to ensure you have a great winter and you get the most out of our session.
ALL Families: PLEASE make sure you have the remind App on your phones to get the latest info. This is the best way we can reach you if we have to cancel a class, or we need to send you information fast. TEXT to : 81010 TEXT Message: @singas to join.
PLEASE! PLEASE!!! Play your music or just Sing without the music as much as possible. In the car, at home, have a dance party. Make up words, be silly! This is the way those brains grow, expand, and those connections last a lifetime.
Virtual Class Families: We will be emailing you the Zoom links for each of the classes. You may attend all classes if you desire! All links will be recurring! We will also post here on the private page. All the Facebook classes from the past are available since spring time! We will be mailing out your music before classes begins so you won't have to worry about meeting us.
WE DO NOT WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER WATCHING US! This may work for a tiny percentage of children, but not most. Just like Live class, YOU are modeling participation for your child! We know you are tired, and you may just need a break, but for the 20 minutes of class time we need you actively modeling for your child. Your child may get up, grab a toy, leave the room, But KEEP SINGING! KEEP PLAYING! KEEP DANCING! Our teachers have been trained this past few month on what to look for and how to engage them through Zoom. How do you know they are still getting the music? Listen to them when the play. Are they trying to sing the songs? Do they react when you turn on the music in the car or at home? Are they doing Rhythm patterns around the house, or dancing?
Studio Class Families:
As per the CDC guidelines, our classes will be cut in half allowing 7-9 families at a time. Please note the following procedures before registering for a live class.
1. All participants will be required to come in and use hand sanitizer as they enter.
2. Children will NOT be required to wear masks, but adults will until further notice.
3. Families will be spread out all around the room
4. In all classes we will offer individual bins of play along instruments and class instruments or props for families who would like to stay socially distanced. Please let your teacher know before class. Families will not share instrument from class to class. Ever class will have its own sanitized instruments.
5. An air purifier will be run throughout class as well as after.
6. Instruments and surfaces will be cleaned by a combination of pure alcohol and a product safe for children called Botanical Decon 30 created by the company Benefect. This product contains thymol which is proven effective against coronavirus.
7. We are requesting families arrive on time as we need to end on time to give teachers enough time to clean the room and replace instruments for the next class.
8. Teachers will be wearing shields or masks, depending on their individual comfort level.
9. Teachers will be taking their own daily individual temperature checks and will not teach class if they are under the weather.
10. If you or your child was around a person with Covid, or have gathered with a groups of people, we are asking you to stay home and enjoy our Online Zoom classes for 2 weeks before returning to class.
11. If you are feeling run down or under the weather or your child has a runny nose, cough or fever, we ask you to stay home and enjoy our online Zoom classes.
12. You understand that you are coming to live classes at your own risk and Sing a Song NJ, LLC is not responsible for the transmission of the Covid-19 or any other virus.
13. Sing a Song NJ LLC will do everything in its power to keep the space safe for all participants.
14. Sing a Song NJ LLC teachers have the right to ask families to leave class if they suspect any illness.
15. Above all, please have patience with us, as this is unchartered waters, and we are learning as we go. The situation changes daily. We are trying to find ways to continue to operate for our amazing community of families. Without your support and your enrollment, we will not be able to provide the children of the area with critical early childhood music education.
16. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Remember to please arrive on time as we will be starting class on time to allow our teachers a chance to clean and set up for the next classes. Please use the hand sanitizer provided when entering class. We will have a RED and GREEN sticker procedure, RED (I would like my personal space respected), or GREEN (I am comfortable with interaction if a child toddles within my family space). Please place stickers on your shirt and your child’s name tag.
Parents please check your temperature and your child’s temperature before coming to class.
Please Sign the waiver form during your first class.
We are also asking for only one adult per family as we need to keep our capacity down. We understand this is not ideal for some, so thank you for being understanding.
All parents must wear a mask, If one parent doesn’t comply, our whole business could be shut down. Masks are NOT required for the children. Teachers need to have a clear shield or mask so children can see their mouths. This is critical learning for the children, as they need to see mouths moving.
Studio parents, make sure you join the private Facebook group as well, so you can also have access to information, Story time, and virtual class links!
The coolest thing for our studio families is that you could technically enjoy four classes a week, dropping into our Zoom classes! Please come engage with our teachers and families and enjoy!
Again we want to thank you for taking your child’s development seriously, even in extreme circumstances. Like all the small businesses in NJ we have taken a very large hit, and we are trying to do our best to continue to offer you the best educational music program around, while keeping your family safe, and being able to keep our doors open. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for your continued support and your appreciation for high quality activities. So please be patient with us as we are working out the kinks!
As always please reach out if you have any questions, or suggestions! Lets have an amazing fun filled, fast winter session!
With A Song In Our Hearts,
The Staff at Sing A Song NJ